NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
675 King St West, Toronto
The internet is being reborn on mobile and we at EventMobi are using it to revolutionize the events industry. EventMobi is the leading mobile platform for the largest and coolest shows and conferences. Clients like Disney and Intel have used EventMobi to disrupt and enhance the attendee experience at their events. Our mobile event guides, interactive mapping, real¬time audience response and the first ever social / gaming layer customized for conferences and tradeshows have been used by over 900 events, 2 Million users, and are served in 6 languages across 5 continents.
We embraced HTML5, cloud architecture and cross-platform mobile web apps before any of them were fancy buzz words! We are passionate about what we make and how we support our clients.
Yet with all of this, we’re still a small team of 15 (and 5 engineers). We’re looking for an exceptional engineer, a lover of well-made products and a mobile and web enthusiast interested in working with new technology. This is a great career opportunity to grow with a young startup, get your hands dirty in all aspect of cloud services, mobile and web development and help with every aspect of a startups technology infrastructure.
Your main responsibilities include:
• Architect, design and deploy features on our CMS and Mobile platforms
• Design our RESTful API / Integrate into 3rd party partner API’s
• Scaling our application / infrastructure and understanding benchmarking, recommending improvements, auditing the current codebase for performance
• Provide overall technical guidance, ideas, and leadership
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in CS, Engineering or related discipline
• Deep understanding of web architecture
• Basic sys-admin skills in the *nix environment and scripting languages
• Have an idea about technologies like Redis, Node.js, Socket.IO, Nginx (we use all of them in production)
• 5+ Years of Experience (Preferably in a startup)
• Deep understanding of data-structures, modular design, and object-oriented code
• Care about testing and producing quality code
• You don’t mind wearing many hats – Dev Ops, Feature Development, Architect – you want to do it all
• You must be a self starter and require minimum supervision. We need someone who can take in the vision and come up with fantastic ideas to get the job done and then some
• Scrappy and entrepreneurial; you love iterating and shipping quickly and frequently
What you’ll get at EventMobi:
• A small, open-minded team that is passionate about leading edge mobile and web technologies and craves making its customers and partners ecstatic.
• An environment that’s fast paced, fun and challenging in downtown Toronto with an XBOX + Kinect, nap room, and a fleet of RC helicopters that battle often
• Competitive salary, profit sharing and other perks & goodies
• Opportunities for travel and attending a conference of your choice
• Free breakfast every morning
• Your choice of workstation (MacBook Air? Thunderbolt display? you name it)
• The ability to try new things, fail and learn, and be as creative you can be. We do not understand limits!