NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
103 Randall Drive, Waterloo, ON N2V 1C5, Canada
Opportunity: We are looking for talented, ambitious, and driven individuals ready to learn and to shape the future of high tech. As part of an elite team, the Sales Engineer, North America will play a key role in driving technical sales and facilitating the deployment of Avvasi’s video solutions in the North American region.
Avvasi’s Xperium platform and solutions set is a scalable, carrier-grade platform for mobile video analytics and optimization planning services, analyzing streaming media traffic for large IP networks. The platform is a highly-available, managed, upgradable bladed system that houses a large amount of computing capacity. The software is architected to be high-performance, fault-tolerant, and linearly scalable.
Some of the specific responsibilities of this position include:
• Identify opportunities (early qualification) and determine how the opportunity fits with Avvasi’s products/solutions
• Conduct first presentation, customer demonstrations, site surveys, and customer follow-up
• Demonstrate exceptional knowledge in providing pre-sales support of Avvasi’s products, and exhibit team leadership in resolution of complex issues involving product deployment
• Plan and execute onsite deployments of Avvasi’s products
• Manages trials and communicate trial results
• Train customers on all functional aspects of Avvasi’s products and solutions
• Develop and share technical product knowledge with channel partners
• Understand and describe Customer’s Network architecture to internal and external stakeholders
• Provides feature gap analysis and feedback to PLM and support PLM with technical aspects of proposals
• In partnership with headquarters, respond to RFIs/RFPs
Your level of responsibility will be shaped by your abilities, drive, and ambition. Our expectation is that you will immediately become an actively contributing member of the organization from day one.
The Sales Engineer must have demonstrated expertise working in partnership with direct sales managers, business development and channel sales partners on sales opportunities for Avvasi’s products and solutions. You have an outstanding track record for taking ownership of the technical aspects of the pre-sales phase, supporting the sales organization of Avvasi’s channel, and managing customer relationships. You have the ability to work together with the sales team to build an account strategy to support Avvasi’s sales goals.
Previous experience should include:
• Telecom Core Switching and networking concepts including: Ethernet switching, MPLS, VLAN, QoS, IP routing and addressing, TCP streaming, CDMA/HSPA architecture, DNS
• Ability to quickly learn the key issues from a business perspective associated with wireless and fixed broadband networks – VPN, firewalls, mobile IP, IP addressing etc.
• Excellent Linux knowledge and troubleshooting skills
o Linux OS and application installation and updating
o File system and drive management
o Configuration and diagnostics tools for monitoring performance, configuring interfaces, and debugging network issues
o Tcpdump and wireshark to analyze traffic including debugging packet loss issues, determining protocol distributions, and analyzing layer 2 tunneling protocols
o Scripting languages including bash and Python
o SCM tools
• Excellent networking equipment background
o Knowledge in network operating systems (preferably Cisco IOS, Juniper JunOS)
o Experienced with telecom operator’s 24×7 production environments
• Knowledge of key interfaces in relation to fixed and mobile technologies and experience with functionality of these networks
• Basic knowledge and/or interest in Internet video streaming protocols such as HTTP PD, HLS, Silverlight, RTSP/RTP, and RTMP
The candidate should have demonstrated experience (5+ years) in the following areas:
• Experience in responding to RFIs/RFPs
• Experience with Over the Top (OTT) Video protocols such as YouTube, Netflix, etc., and the OTT ecosystem.
• Experience with networking protocols and concepts including DHCP, Load Balancer, Firewall, GGSN, SGSN, DPI, OCS, PCRF, PCEF, 3GPP, Diameter, Radius, LTE, IMS, Soap/XML, SNMP
• Using SQL to extract information from databases
• Experience with 3rd party network taps or traffic monitoring switches
• Experience with 3rd party traffic generation tools
• Ability to read and understand C++ and Java source code
• Basic application debugging knowledge (using GDB or DDD)
• Experience of sales and deploying products in Service Providers
• Ability to work flexible schedules based on customer requirements, including, responding to pager requests and customer site visits
The candidate should also meet the following core requirements:
• Highly organized, motivated, and execution-oriented
• Must be a self-starter who is comfortable working in a highly technical environment
• Demonstrated ability for continuous learning, creativity, and problem solving
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and presentation skills
• Excellent time management skills
• Flexibility to travel 40-60%