151 Charles St W, Kitchener, ON N2G 1H6, Canada
Technology is changing and improving how we learn and what we learn … the problems are real and the opportunity will blow your mind. By enabling availability of education, and improving the richness of the learning experience, e-Learning systems will change lives – in our generation and all who come after us. Imagine being a significant agent at the center of this revolution.
Desire2Learn is a local company that’s making waves on a global scale. Once merely a band of passionate underdogs from the dorms, the little company that could has proven that they are a serious and formidable player in a billion-dollar industry. The company is now leading an evolution of education, developing web-based e-Learning systems for hundreds of clients globally. These products deliver courses in revolutionary new ways, for both on-campus and distance education programs, delivering educational material to millions of users worldwide every single day. Wow.
The Director, Alliances is responsible for developing the strategy and plan to source out and build significant alliance relationships to support Desire2Learn’s strategic plan.
Alliance relationships will be formed to extend product offerings, enhance channels, build brand, and generate sustainable new revenue streams and client acquisition.
As a key member of the marketing team, the successful candidate will be accountable to undertake comprehensive analyses of new potential alliances and develop and execute the strategy and business plans to address market opportunities. This individual will be the go-to person for select large partnership agreements and will provide leadership across multiple groups for jointly creating and executing action plans.
* Create strategic plan to expand and manage alliance program with large corporate alliance partners
* Build and manage a team of senior level high performing individuals who can achieve/exceed target results for the alliance program
* Provide in-depth assessment and account plan development and execution for strategic partners
* Directly manage selected alliance partners to achieve demonstrable results
* Define and implement systems, and processes to onboard, manage and grow alliance relationships
* Conduct appropriate product and needs assessment studies to help in the formulation of strategic decisions, define product requirements for the product team(s) and support direction setting for marketing and sales
* Develop and deliver agreements for each strategic alliance as identified in the overall strategic plan
* Actively work with the sales team and scan the market to define market and customer requirements and future opportunities
* Create sales support materials to ensure sales team can effectively communicate value of key strategic partnerships
* Participate at conferences for business development and speaking engagements
* Create, manage and report on metrics to measure and report on effectiveness of team, individual alliances and initiatives
* Develop and manage a budget
Who Should Apply
* 10+ years experience in identifying, creating and managing Alliances/Partnerships, with a focus on Product Development/Line extensions, Marketing and Business Development
* In-depth experience in market assessment, planning and execution across both marketing and sales
* Ability to create business plans, comprehensive account plans / positive relationships at multiple levels with business partners
* Minimum 5 years of leading a team
* Highly effective project management, prioritization, multi-tasking, and time management skills to meet deadlines
* Proven team player who is both flexible and adaptable
* Ability to influence and make decisions
* Previous experience in eLearning, enterprise software and/or high tech solutions providers highly recommended
* International experience preferred
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Financial literacy
* Bachelor degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
* Graduate Degree preferred, preferably an MBA