NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
151 Charles St W, Kitchener, ON N2G 1H6, Canada
Technology is changing and improving how we learn and what we learn … the problems are real and the opportunity will blow your mind. By enabling availability of education, and improving the richness of the learning experience, e-Learning systems will change lives – in our generation and all who come after us. Imagine being a significant agent at the center of this revolution.
Desire2Learn is a local company that’s making waves on a global scale. Once merely a band of passionate underdogs from the dorms, the little company that could has proven that they are a serious and formidable player in a billion-dollar industry. The company is now leading an evolution of education, developing web-based e-Learning systems for hundreds of clients globally. These products deliver courses in revolutionary new ways, for both on-campus and distance education programs, delivering educational material to millions of users worldwide every single day. Wow.
The Desire2Learn product suite is quite simply – awesome. And as new clients around the world come on board, they need to make their fabulous new system hum in a unique environment. That’s where you and the Pro Services team step in. Every client has specific needs, and it’s the cool custom bits of code that you’ll own and deliver. Today a social media integration, tomorrow an ecommerce application. You’ll be working directly with the users to define projects, build them, test them, and then see them in action.
Travel the world… or use technology to impact the world from home.
Imagine working on-site with a client in Australia, or remotely building pieces of an education tool that will be used for school kids in a New York, Paris or Timmins. You’ll solve interesting problems and build amazing solutions. Your web tech skills will be challenged and grown and you’ll develop client management and consulting skills that will accelerate your career.
Who Should Apply
You love to code, and you’re good at it. And you have a burning desire to see the results of your work in action. You enjoy meeting clients, understanding unique requirements and solving problems.
Work Experience Recommendations:
* At least a couple of years experience developing web-based software … so you need to know a whole lot more than how to spell XML
* Here’s the grocery list… you don’t need to be an expert in everything, but if you have some of these skills and would like to learn the rest, let’s talk…
.NET, SQL, ASP, XML, HTML, C#, JAVA, etc.
* SQL Server 2005, SQL Server 2008, MySQL, Oracle, etc.
* Internet server technologies (Internet Information Services 6X or higher, Apache etc.)
* Windows Server 2003/2008, Active Directory, (or LDAP), and other associated Microsoft Enterprise technologies
* You’re obviously a coder, but when in front of a client you don’t develop a stutter or sweat profusely … you shine.